Monday, April 11, 2011

WWW - What's With Wikis

Okay, so I stepped in and created, accidentally and new subject for our Wiki entitled Teens Rule! when I really only wanted to add to Favorite Books. My point being that sometimes teens can be very opinionated about books and don't mind voicing their opinions, especially when adults wreck a favorite book by making a bad movie.
My choices for a favorite trilogy is Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia. And to add a little interest in the series I inserted the book trailer from Beautiful Darkness, the second book.
I looked at a few of the wikis, like Muppet Wiki, the Narutopedia, Bookshelf Fantastica and the Library Success. I liked the bright Muppet informational site with its photos straight out of the past. The Nautopedia would definately be a plus, a way of catching up on the series without having to set down with the set. The Bookshelf on the other hand is an expample of your eyes being bigger than you stomach. Someone made a nice start but have not worked on it in a while. This would make a good example of what not to do. It is nice to see a website that offers some suggestions of programming for librarians at the Libary Success wiki. All in all an interesting view into Wikis that I hadn't spent much time viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As “Wolf Mate” left me struggling to search for who might have wanted Skylar so bad they would ambush her and spirit her away. For what purp...