Sunday, March 22, 2020


           Coronavirus Pandemic 2020 Behind closed doors there are windows to look out
With so many people at home, books may be a window to worlds outside this pandemic. As a librarian who worked with teens and children to encourage them to read, I know that books are shared through recommendations by friends, professionals, publisher’s promotions, social media and displays in public places. While some of these avenues have been closed for now, whatever you read, I encourage you to share your opinions by talking with your friends and children. Offer your reviews of the book online, be it Amazon, Goodreads, Facebook, your blog, your choice.
The way I review, I see a book as music.

       Some stories are told as if ...
          by a storyteller with only the cadence of their own voice,
          by a single storyteller with a guitar,
          by a storyteller who is part of a band,
          relating their story as if they are part of a grand orchestra.


 Each of these forms bring stories to life that a reader may thoroughly enjoy. We can find something good to say about a book even if you don't recommend it. Thanks to publishing companies over the years I have read books I never would have picked up on my own. Many I really enjoyed, some I found an audience for that wasn't me, but we learn what we like by sampling many genres and authors. Check out your libraries eBooks for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                    Of Claws & Chaos by M. Sinclair                                                     ...